[SOLVED] My Laptop Didn't Come With A Heat Sink, Just A Fan.

LucasPerks

Reputable
Jan 25, 2020
i recently just bought the acer aspire a315-22 from a shop nearby, i noticed the laptop fan would get quite loud just through web browsing. upon opening up the laptop, i see know heat sink, just a fan. there is a metal plate covering the cpu, so i unscrewed the screws needed and i see that there is thermal paste. but is this bad for the laptop, and is there a way to make the laptop "not so loud". any help would be great, thanks in advance :)
laptop specs:
acer aspire a315-22
CPU - amd a9-9420e
GPU - amd radeon r5 graphics
RAM - 8gb single channel ram
storage - 256gb m.2 ssd

Solution
Laptops use cooling through a slightly "different" measure than desktops. The heatsink runs copper lines over the CPU and then they wick heat away from the CPU and the fan cools down the copper again. Creating a loop.

You could consider putting better thermal paste on the CPU which may help keep it cooler and decrease fan noise, but there isn't too much additional work to be done past that.
Laptops use cooling through a slightly "different" measure than desktops. The heatsink runs copper lines over the CPU and then they wick heat away from the CPU and the fan cools down the copper again. Creating a loop.

You could consider putting better thermal paste on the CPU which may help keep it cooler and decrease fan noise, but there isn't too much additional work to be done past that.

Solution