My Laptop freezes a few minutes after start-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacoluccio

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
Hi,

so here's the full story. A few months ago my Laptop went freezing from times to times, for a few minutes and then un-freeze, to freeze again a few minutes later. So wondering what to do, I formatted my laptop to solve that problem. Sadly it didn't worked.

Having work to do i was forced to run my PC on Safe Mode for a couple of month. After a while I decided to go ''legit', again and I realized that my PC froze a few minutes after start-up but after a couple of hours, it would run smoothly for days. So the past few months my PC was running smoothly,... until recently, but now, it's worst than ever.

It freezes a few minutes after start-up... and even if I keep it on for days, I still can't do a thing, it un-freeze for like 2 seconds sometimes, then just to freeze again. It's driving me crazy. I'm planning to buy a new PC but I'm stuck with this one for a little while now, might as well try to do something with it. I don't think this is a problem of program or anything like this since even after I formatted it, I still had the same problem. Is my laptop just dead? (I'm on safe-mode right now).

So here's my specs-

Toshiba Laptop
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core TK-57 1.90ghz
Ram: 3 Gb
System : Windows 7 home premium 32 bit

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Yeah, they definitely not consistent with simple overheating (dust accumulated in the vents), because that would also present itself in safe mode under load. No freeze in safe mode *at all*, is that right?

Random crashes could also indicate memory failure. If you have two memory modules, you can get out one (3 = 2 + 1?) and see if the problem persists. But that's not even necessary if they pass the memtest86+ test. It's available for download as bootable cd/usb at http://www.memtest.org.

Hi :)

Umm if you mean you ran scandisk and it cured it...thats a TEMPORARY FIX...

Run the full test in DOS from Hirens....as your hd is probably still terminal...

All the best Brett :)

Status
Not open for further replies.