My laptop freezes when running certain games

CptnUnicorn

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
Hello, I have a MSI GP72 2QE Leopard pro laptop with a intel core I7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz with 8 GB RAM and I'm running on Windows 8.1 And all my drivers are up to date.

I have had this laptop for a couple of months now and my laptop has 2 very specific and different sort of regular freezes.

-Every time i play CS:GO in my 1st game I will always get a hard freeze. Nothing reacts, no sounds, straight up 100% freeze. No BSOD pops up or anything and I have to kill my laptop by holding the power button, when I start it up again I can play for hours without a problem.

-The second sort of freeze is a new one. So far it has only occurred with Overwatch. Whenever I try to go fullscreen it has about a 50% chance of causing a freeze. screen goes black but the custom cursor is there and is moveable, but no matter how long I wait nothing happens, then when I try to alt tab it shows me my toolbar down below but I can't activate any of the programs that are running (e.g when I have a youtube video playing, it will keep playing but I'm not able to bring up the browser) ctrl+alt+del does give me the option to bring up the task manager but again I am unable to engage with it.

Any advice is welcome and thanks for reading.