[SOLVED] My Laptop Gpu hitting 99% load with a certain game?

Mar 26, 2020
My Laptop Gpu used to be under 70% load during a certain game, when i start the same game again after like a month its hitting 99% load. Is it normal?

laptop Gpu is Nvidea Geforce 130MX(4GB GDDR5)

Solution
99% utilization of the GPU can of course result in increased temperatures, and I can see why that would be less than ideal in a laptop.

But since you don't mention anything about it, I suppose you are not dealing with overheating issues or any other negative impacts from the increased GPU utilization?

I don't see why very high GPU utilization is a bad thing, it should help increase game performance and give you a better gaming experience.

So if it isn't resulting in negative consequences like overheating and / or potential thermal throttling issues, the high utilization should be a good thing.

If the performance was suffering from very high temperatures and temperature related throttling problems, naturally it would be different...
99% utilization of the GPU can of course result in increased temperatures, and I can see why that would be less than ideal in a laptop.

But since you don't mention anything about it, I suppose you are not dealing with overheating issues or any other negative impacts from the increased GPU utilization?

I don't see why very high GPU utilization is a bad thing, it should help increase game performance and give you a better gaming experience.

So if it isn't resulting in negative consequences like overheating and / or potential thermal throttling issues, the high utilization should be a good thing.

If the performance was suffering from very high temperatures and temperature related throttling problems, naturally it would be different situation

It is quite normal, that the GPU is almost fully utilized while CPU is not as heavily loaded, and it is generally not an indication of problems with the hardware. But some in-game visual settings can have an impact on wheter the CPU or GPU is more heavily utilized under some circumstances.

Solution