My Laptop has a black screen and can't get into Desktop and more

PETERLIabc

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
My laptop Aspire 5749-6863, window 7, can not get into Desktop and Start Menu when I tried to uninstalled a program which was not I need. When I log in with password, the screen takes a flash and continues booting about 1 or 2 minutes, then the screen becomes black. I Ctr+Alt+Del to Task menu and can go to Desktop Icons and can connect to internet but can not get to Start menu and Contro Panel. I tried many ways like "Safe Mode, Downloading Unhidetool.exe and many from internet postings such as typing "explorer.exe" in new task and press enter, it is the same, nothing happened. So none of them works my computer problem.

Please help provide any your experience and troubleshootings.

Thanks a lot.

Solution
Load up your Windows installation disk. If this is a factory PC, it *probably* is set to boot from CD. From what I have found, it appears that the system required you to create disks to boot for a repair; otherwise, you'll have to do a Restore to Factory Default, which will wipe everything off of the laptop and bring it back to how it was when you first purchased it (you can access the recovery screen by hitting ALT-F10 when the Acer splash screen appears). That SHOULD load the eRecovery screen. If you do have a Windows CD, you can follow the guide here for reinstalling Windows - http://www.windowsreinstall.com/win7homepremium/windows7reinstallguides/index.htm

BrandonMc

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
Well, first you'll need to get to it. Your best bet, if you cannot access your Start button, is to create a shortcut to the following path:
%SYSTEM%\System32\rstrui.exe (%SYSTEM% is the folder where Windows has been installed)
Once it is open, click "Next"
There, if it has been active, you should see a list of Restore Points. Select the most recent one from before you had the issues, and then click "Next". Follow the prompts to complete the system restore.

If you do not have restore points, my next question would be to try changing your graphics settings to see if you can then see your Start Menu.

PETERLIabc

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014

PETERLIabc

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
Thank you Brandon. Now you remind me of system restore. Yes, I did make a system restore to the earliest day of June 8th, which was the earlist day when I clicked more days in there. However the problem was occured before June 8th. However June 8th was the earliest day I could go, is there any other way I could go to June 6 or 5? Thank you again.

BrandonMc

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
If you don't have any system restore options there from before you began experiencing the issue, then it won't help you much. Your best bet, in all probability, is to run a repair on your operating system.

PETERLIabc

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014

BrandonMc

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
Load up your Windows installation disk. If this is a factory PC, it *probably* is set to boot from CD. From what I have found, it appears that the system required you to create disks to boot for a repair; otherwise, you'll have to do a Restore to Factory Default, which will wipe everything off of the laptop and bring it back to how it was when you first purchased it (you can access the recovery screen by hitting ALT-F10 when the Acer splash screen appears). That SHOULD load the eRecovery screen. If you do have a Windows CD, you can follow the guide here for reinstalling Windows - http://www.windowsreinstall.com/win7homepremium/windows7reinstallguides/index.htm

Solution

PETERLIabc

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014

Thank you for the help. I did the eRecovery, unfortunately, the message say at the end "Windows could not complete the installation.

PETERLIabc

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014

Hi BrandonMc, I have a great news to tell you that I did again eRecovery from your instruction, it is sucessful this time to go back to the factory Default. How happy I am that my laptop is working great. I am writing this to thank you so much for your valuable time and patient help. Your instruction is the BEST. Again, thank you.