Question My Laptop has achieved better graphics on games than my PC and it is older

May 11, 2019
My Laptop is an Lenovo Ideapad 30015isk
8GB RAM
i5-5200
AMD Radeon R5 M330

And my PC is a HP Pavilion with a 24o moniter
16GB RAM
i7-8700k
AMD Radeon 520

I have gotten worried since I bought my PC and monitor for $1400 last week and on some particular games
(eg. War Thunder and Total War)
My old laptop has achieved better graphics and Fps from the beginning

My Laptop is an Lenovo Ideapad 30015isk
8GB RAM
i5-5200
AMD Radeon R5 M330

And my PC is a HP Pavilion with a 24o moniter
16GB RAM
i7-8700k
AMD Radeon 520

I have gotten worried since I bought my PC and monitor for $1400 last week and on some particular games
(eg. War Thunder and Total War)
My old laptop has achieved better graphics and Fps from the beginning

Are you in the US? For 1400 with US prices the video card is pretty bad. CPU is good but the video card is horrible for gaming. Too much CPU and not enough video card for gaming.

https://technical.city/en/video/Radeon-520-vs-Radeon-R5-M330

The M330 is better

Not sure why anyone would put a 520 in a PC - in todays current climate. I think I would return everything.
The HP Pavillion is a laptop inside.
To have the specs you say it has, then to put a defunct GPU in it, is insane.
I think you read the page backward. The 520 is the newer, slightly better part, but based on essentially the same design with slightly higher clocks.

OP:
The Radeon 520 is not even slightly a gaming card. For entry level gaming performance with AMD branding, get at the minimum, and I stress minimum, an RX 560. If you want better than minimum in your games, get a 570 or 580.

From the look of it, that Radeon 520 offers a similar level of graphics performance as that older laptop chipset...

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Radeon-520-vs-AMD-Radeon--R5-M330/m329613vsm37348

And as was mentioned, if the desktop is running at a higher resolution, like 1080p, frame rates would in turn be lower. I'm not even sure why they would include such a low-end graphics card in a system with an i7-8700K. The integrated graphics built into the i7 might even be faster, if the UserBenchmark results are accurate...

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compa...30-Desktop-Coffee-Lake-i5-i7/m329613vsm356797

If you could return the system, it might be worth doing so and getting one with a better graphics card instead, even if that means going with a more mid-range CPU, like an i5 or Ryzen 5, as that will have more of an effect on game performance. Alternately, you could swap the graphics card for something significantly better, though that might cost you another $150 or so, depending on what card you go with.

DSzymborski

Titan
Is this the HP Pavilion 24 All-in-One? From the description, it sounds like it (it's always helpful to provide details so people don't have to do guesswork to figure out your specs).

I'd definitely return it if possible. All-in-ones tend to be the "worst of all worlds" PCs. In return for having the monitor and PC in one piece, you get the portability of an abysmal laptop, the specs of a bad laptop, the upgradeability of a bag of rocks, all for the price of a good laptop.

The point about resolution being made is, if you're running the same game on your desktop at a higher resolution than you are your laptop, the desktop will have slower FPS results.

While you generally wouldn't run a game at a higher resolution than your screen is capable of, often times people run games at lower resolutions to achieve higher FPS.