[SOLVED] My laptop heats a lot(Dell Latitude E6420) after fan replacement.

Jul 9, 2020
It boots with the temperatures of 54-62 C . Also keeps shutting down or gets really hot while playing games , the idle temperatures are 58-64 C . I have also replaced the fan and re pasted it .
RbQ4Sq.jpg

ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS TEMP 5 AND TEMP 6 TEMPERATURE IN MY LAPTOP***

TEMPERATURES AFTER 15 MIN USING GOOGLE CHROME .
KKHu9E.jpg

Solution
it should. Thermal paste wont fill the gap like you thing and without it then heatsink probably wont sit right and make poor contact.

I would make a post in the laptop Tech support forum if you need recommendations for a new thermal pad.
Jul 9, 2020
That would leave contact or contact pressure with the CPU.
Did this use thermal paste or a thermal pad to transfer the heat?
I just noticed my fan is not blowing much air as it was blowing before when i re pasted it my self. Before re pasting it was blowing a decent amount of air and the temperature was bit high but now when i have re pasted it my self the fan is not blowing much air as it was before also my laptop is hitting 80-82 C in idle state. Looks like something is stuck in the fan and obstructing the air to flow out completely even though my fan is dust-free and the vents are also cleared . What could the possible reason making it to 80-82 C??

popatim

Titan
it should. Thermal paste wont fill the gap like you thing and without it then heatsink probably wont sit right and make poor contact.

I would make a post in the laptop Tech support forum if you need recommendations for a new thermal pad.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS