Question My laptop is behaving in a very weird manner after I undervolted the CPU

Jan 17, 2020
So I recently bought the 2019 G7 model with RTX 2060. Despite putting in more powerful hardware than the 2018 model, those geniuses at Dell made the chassis smaller; so the heat output is massive. So, I decided to undervolted my CPU to reduce temps, which worked wonders.
I used the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to perform the undervolting. I reduced the power to .180V and ran a stress test for about 10 minutes and nothing happened. But here's the weird part, my system would automatically crash as I am using it after about an hour or so of using it. So, this time I reduced the power to .150V and ran a stress test for around 4 hours and nothing happened. I can use my system for hours and nothing would go wrong, but as soon as I leave my system ideal and come back, I would find that the system has already crashed, restarted and the utility program has changed my setting to default telling me that the system crashed.
Oh and here are specs:
Intel I7 9750H
Nvidia RTX 2060
16 Gb Ram
Can you guys help me figure out what the heck is going on?

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
I think the issue here is that the undervolt works for every power state. So where you normally would have 0,8V at idle (hypothetically) you now only have 0,65V which might not be enough for the lowest power state. Maybe a comination of lowering your clock/slight undervolt might work without problems.

Reactions: Niko_Bellic__
Jan 17, 2020
I think the issue here is that the undervolt works for every power state. So where you normally would have 0,8V at idle (hypothetically) you now only have 0,65V which might not be enough for the lowest power state. Maybe a comination of lowering your clock/slight undervolt might work without problems.
That's interesting! I personally thought of the same possible explanation. I'll see if that helps. Oh and why do you think the system crashes at .180 after an hour or so of usage.