my laptop is stolen its a samsung notebook srno-j9vm91dcb00217

gaurav1992lotia

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
my laptop is stolen its a samsung notebook srno-j9vm91dcb00217.
how to find it ??please any one can tell me...it is stolen from my car ...and i connected several times with the internet ...bt i dnt know how to get its mac or ip address so i can ask the police to trace it ....plzz help me ..plzz..........in my laptop thr was quick heal total security 10c82-acf02-91018-11c18...

The IP address used by the machine will have been issued from your local router. Kind of useless for this case.
The Mac address can be used to identify your machine, if you don't have the machine you can sometimes get the Info
from other machines on the same network or from logging into your router and looking at the clients IP addresses they gave out.
then display the mac address that the router has stored for your lost machine.

you can prove it is your machine with this address but the police typically will have no clue as to what you are talking about and will want
a model serial number (only if they happen to find your machine)

otherwise you have to use a paid service to have your machine located, the service installs software on the machine that sends info to a server each time it logs on the the internet. when it is reported lost, they query the locator database find the IP address and machine id, then attempt to determine what service provider issued that address, talk the the provider and get a physical address that the provider thinks the IP address was give to. Often it will not be the correct physical address.
finding the location depends on having the tracking service on before you lost your machine.

Latest posts