Question My laptop is stuck in a restart cycle. Tried a lot of options.

psychogrogan

Prominent
Aug 27, 2018
Hi there,

Every time I start my Asus laptop it gets stuck in a restart repair loop. I've tried all the tutorials on youtube.

In the end I made a USB Media installer for windows 10 and started the install process.

Got to the custom options for the partition list and it's not showing any drive higher than 25gb.

I've now had a look at the boot order of my BIOS and I dont think my hard drive is there.

USB HDD: SanDisk Cruzer Facet (I know what this is my USB installation drive)
USB FDD: (Not sure)
USB CDROM: (Not sure)
EMMC: HBG4e 32G (Not sure)
Network Boot-IPV4: (Not sure)
Network Boot-IPV6: (Not sure)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

update: Just found out that a family member was annoyed with something and hit the laptops bottom half (keyboard part). Maybe this caused the harddrive to come loose?

Last edited:
Got a model number? Without it I can only guess - the NVME or NAND drive is there, but the main OS drive is not- either failed or disconnected. Another place to check would be the BIOS for what drive it detects before trying to take the laptop apart.

psychogrogan

Prominent
Aug 27, 2018
Got a model number? Without it I can only guess - the NVME or NAND drive is there, but the main OS drive is not- either failed or disconnected. Another place to check would be the BIOS for what drive it detects before trying to take the laptop apart.

It's an AO1-431-C2Q8
Acer aspire cloudbook 14

I think the storage is supposed to be that size. But I've no idea how to get this thing working