Question My laptop is 'stuttering'

Feb 21, 2023
I'm not sure if that's the right word to use. It's glitching out. I'll be watching a video on YouTube and the video will pause, but the sound keeps playing without skipping at all. Or the audio won't match up with what the person is saying (hopefully that makes sense). They'll be talking but the sound is like 1.5 to 2 seconds ahead of what their lips are saying.

Another thing that happens (that I'm assuming is related) is that my cursor will abruptly stop in mid scroll or slow down tremendously. This is usually followed by a period of over responsiveness where any little touch sends it across my screen like it's gliding on ice.

What is going on? What component of my laptop is this problem related to, what is the technical word for this problem called, and most importantly, how do I fix this?

My laptop is a ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS, 1070 graphics card, over 500gb of ssd, I think 1tb of hd data.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm assuming you're on Windows 10. Make sure your laptop's BIOS is up to date. Then check to see if your OS is pending any updates. You might want to bring up Task Manager and see what the resource usages are.

Use DDU then manually remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.