Question My laptop keeps freezing when i connect it to the external monitor

May 22, 2020
first, sorry for my bad english.

So recently im trying to connect my laptop to the monitor so it has dual screen, my laptop is ASUS TUF FX505GE with i7 8750H, Intel hd graphic 630 and nvidia gtx 1050 ti. when im trying to connect my laptop to the monitor, not long after that(like 5 minutes) my laptop start freezing, and sometimes the background still playing(like when i playing youtube) when the screen is freezing, idk whats wrong. the monitor is fine when i connected it to the other laptop.

but recently i found some different setting on my laptop. The other laptop that work properly with the monitor, had the main display and the monitor display connected to the intel hd graphic display adapter. But in my laptop, when i connected the monitor, in advance display setting it says that my main laptop screen is connected to the intel hd graphic adapter and my second screen(my monitor) is connected to the nvidia 1050ti adapter.

when i open nvidia control panel before i connect the monitor, i can see in physx configuration that my laptop display is connected to the intel hd graphic. but when i connect the monitor, it changes, and i only see my second screen is connected to the nvidia gtx 1050ti, i didnt see my main display that connected to the intel hd graphic.

*i have already trying updating my display adapter and nothing works.
*when i plug the monitor and unplug it, my laptop start freezing too
*and the problem only happen when i connect it to the monitor, recently i tried to connect it to the tv and my laptop is working just fine.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS