Question My laptop keeps on dropping frames until I unplug and plug back the charger in.

Dec 8, 2023
As the title says, my laptop (hp CPU: core i7 8565u GPU: mx130) keeps on dropping like half fps (from 70-60 to 20-10) until I unplug my charger and plug back in and it gains back the fps. But after a while, it does the same and I have to unplug and plug in the charger again. Do any of you guys have the same problem? And if so any fixes ?

I tried many battery plans and did a full factory reset on the laptop. I tried the throttlestop program. All of this did not work.

Lutfij

Titan
HP have a number of laptop's in their product portfolio, which one fo you have? Might want to use the serial number for your laptop on HP's support page to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending.

Following that, check to see if your OS is pending any updates. Then use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall with the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support page, in an elevated command.

Dec 8, 2023
HP have a number of laptop's in their product portfolio, which one fo you have? Might want to use the serial number for your laptop on HP's support page to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending.

Following that, check to see if your OS is pending any updates. Then use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) then manually reinstall with the latest driver sourced from Nvidia's support page, in an elevated command.
my laptop hp 15-da-da1xxx BIOS : F.46 this is the latest BIOS update
I deleted the GPU driver using DDU and installed the latest version of the driver but it didn't help