My Laptop Keeps Restarting By Itself

MADKATT

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
I just got a new HP 14 BW015AU laptop and installed Windows 10 on it, but everytime i boot it, it will run normally for about 20 minutes and after that my laptop restart by itself. The strange thing is that after that restart my laptop will run fine. But if i shut it down and turn it back on again the same cycle will repeat.

dshort01

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
This could be software or hardware. It is one of the most difficult things to isolate. I would try safe mode and see if it happens when in safe mode, if not it is most likely a software problem. Even if not all the appropriate drivers are not installed, windows generally defaults to "safe" generic drivers which should not cause a problem. It will only limit the ultimate performance of your computer. Another side not, it could be power supply related also though I find this to be rare. Event Viewer might help but it is often so cryptic it is difficult to interpret. I would start with safe mode. If that fails and you are completely determined to isolate the problem reinstall Windows (painful I know). If it still happens I would blame it on hardware.

MADKATT

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

Yes it does support Win10 even on the box it says 'built for Windows 10' and i installed all the required driver, and the last i checked they're all up to date.