[SOLVED] My laptop keeps typing even after internal keyboard's cable detached.

male89march

Commendable
Aug 29, 2018
Hi there, today i bought an used alienware 17 with Core i7 7700HQ and GTX 1070
It turns out that the keyboard is error, it typing itself and the caps lock keeps turn on and off by itself, i can't type anything except "space" and "enter"
I tried to detached the internal keyboard cables but the problem still the same
I tried using external keyboard and yes the problem is still the same
Does anybody know what is wrong with this laptop?

Solution
It turns out that the keyboard is error, it typing itself and the caps lock keeps turn on and off by itself, i can't type anything except "space" and "enter"

Yep, it's broken and you should return it and get your money back. You bought a system with an old Windows setup with a password set and a bad keyboard, sounds like grounds to get your money back.

male89march

Commendable
Aug 29, 2018
Did you try updating the keyboard drivers in device manager? In control panel click on hardware and sound, click on devices and printers, right click on keyboard to open window, click on troubleshooter to see if it can help you.

Unfortunately i can't because the windows is protected by password and i can't even login.
Here's some video but sorry it's not in English, i hope you can still understand what's going on.

View: https://youtu.be/sIqC7JtEPnE

Yep, it's broken and you should return it and get your money back. You bought a system with an old Windows setup with a password set and a bad keyboard, sounds like grounds to get your money back.

Solution