Question My Laptop Microphone is making a constant extremely loud buzzing/scratching noise

Oct 28, 2020
So I just got the MSI GE75 Raider-10SF, the integrated Mic the Realtek one is making a horrendous scratching noise. The extremely weird thing is sometimes when I move my laptop around it can get louder or quieter, this leads me to believe its caught on something inside of it? I'm not sure, I've done everything I've redownloaded every driver, I'm planning on resetting my laptop tonight.

Lutfij

Titan
If the laptop was powered up as is out of the box, then check and see what BIOS version you're currently on for your laptop. Cross-reference the BIOS version with that found on MSI's support site. If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version.

Next thing to look at is the version for your OS. We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10. Then manually reinstall the latest drivers for your sound card in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You could also try reinstalling the OS, after creating your installer using Windows Media Creation tools but please backup any and/or all critical data before (formatting and)reinstalling.

Oct 28, 2020
If the laptop was powered up as is out of the box, then check and see what BIOS version you're currently on for your laptop. Cross-reference the BIOS version with that found on MSI's support site. If you have BIOS updates pending, gradually work your way to the latest version.

Next thing to look at is the version for your OS. We're currently on version 20H2 for Windows 10. Then manually reinstall the latest drivers for your sound card in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You could also try reinstalling the OS, after creating your installer using Windows Media Creation tools but please backup any and/or all critical data before (formatting and)reinstalling.
I've done everything and it still doesn't work, I've also hard reset multiple times.

TRENDING THREADS