My laptop only connects with the cable not my wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylorkeaton1

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Basically my internet company had an outage, I tried to trouble shoot the problem before I knew there was an outage, but all it said was that my wifi connection was "Limited" but connected. Well, after "forgetting" the network and trying to connect to it again, it wouldn't show up in the network area. Well, all is said and done and I left my computer alone for awhile, called the company, they said my wifi would show back up. But it hasn't yet, it's hidden or something. And I can only access internet through the ethernet cord. It's an acer, windows 8. I don't know what to do. I don't like windows 8, and I am beyond lost. Please take me step by step on how to retrieve my wifi :( I have reset my modem* and my computer. Nothing. Do I refresh it? :/

Im Spartacus

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
Can you not do a system restore to a known good working configuration, you must have changed your settings trying to solve your internet issue.
Start menu, All programs, Accessories, System tools, System Restore. Remember is best to back things up before you do system restore.. Select a known date you had WiFi working.

Status
Not open for further replies.