[SOLVED] My laptop overheats even on idle

malaa575

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
Hello everyone!
I don't know if this was posted here before and I'm sorry if it was but I couldn't find my specific problem,
Well, My problem is that my laptop's CPU overheats while gaming that it reaches 98° C (about 208.4°F ), and the GPU temperature reaches 95° C sometimes too, and the CPU also reaches 76 ° C (about 168.8°F) even on idle (literally right after booting), I don't know if this is normal for gaming laptops or not, cause some of my friends say it's normal and it's a common problem cause laptops aren't actually designed for gaming and heavy work but others tell me that I'm literally frying my laptop, So I'm kinda confused and I don't know if I should be concerned or not, If I should, What can I do?
well, I usually game on my PC but I'm currently on a trip for 2 weeks and I thought I could game on my laptop now cuz you know it's a "gaming" laptop, so why not, right?
The laptop is also relatively new, I bought it like 8 months ago and I've barely used it and It was inside the bag most of the time, So I don't think dust is the problem here and the fans are not on 100% even while gaming cuz I can barely hear their noises.
Everything is up to date (Including BIOS) and I double checked that using the HP Support Assistant, Also, HP Coolsense is on.
So, Any Suggestions?

The laptop is HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Full specs in case you need them:
i5-8300H
GTX 1050Ti
1x8GB 2666Mhz Ram
1TB HDD + Evo 970 250GB SSD

Solution
That does seem warm for a relatively new laptop. Have you tried blowing a can of air at the exhaust THEN intake ports while unplugged? (Pull the battery too.) You can pick them up at your local office supply store. (Here in the states that would be staples.)
Yes - if it gets very hot rightafter booting there is probably an issue with the heating.

Are you interresting in investigating/repairing yourself or do you just want to verify that something are wrong (so you can return the laptop under warranty) ?