[SOLVED] My laptop overheats too much.. any advice?

Aug 31, 2021
Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop and I'm basiclly very happy with it.
The only thing that bothers me about it is thatit heats up a lot. I've also increased the speed of the fan, but that didn't do much. I used "High Performace Mode" one time, the "Balanced Mode" another time and the "Silent Mode" was in use as well. During the Performance Mode and the Balanced Mode the laptop got so hot that you could burn your fingers in the long run. In the Silent Mode is wasn't that bad, but nevertheless the laptop ran very hot.
In case the information is needed, my laptop is a "MSI Prestige 14 Evo".

I thank you in advance and wish you a nice day!

Solution
Hi,

The only thing that bothers me about it is thatit heats up a lot. I've also increased the speed of the fan, but that didn't do much. I used "High Performace Mode" one time, the "Balanced Mode" another time and the "Silent Mode" was in use as well. During the Performance Mode and the Balanced Mode the laptop got so hot that you could burn your fingers in the long run. In the Silent Mode is wasn't that bad, but nevertheless the laptop ran very hot.

It could be because of the laptop design, when using high performance mode where it boosts...
Hi,

It could be because of the laptop design, when using high performance mode where it boosts up the clock, it'll get more hotter. if you want to, try repaste it with a good paste like gelid gc extreme, make sure you wipe clean the chip and the copper contact with alcohol before using the thermal paste, and check the fans and heatfins/exit, if it's dirty then clean it up.

Solution
Aug 31, 2021
It could be because of the laptop design, when using high performance mode where it boosts up the clock, it'll get more hotter. if you want to, try repaste it with a good paste like gelid gc extreme, make sure you wipe clean the chip and the copper contact with alcohol before using the thermal paste, and check the fans and heatfins/exit, if it's dirty then clean it up.

Ok I'll give it a try.
Thanks for your help

You could also try Intel's XTU or another utility called ThrottleStop to lower the voltages or power limit.

Repasting a laptop can be tricky because it's direct-die cooling and the mounting pressure may not be as high. You have to use the right thermal paste, otherwise the stuff just "pumps out" and you have another problem on your hands.