My Laptop Shuts Down After A Few Seconds After Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepesh Shenoy

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
I Buyed A Sony Vaio SVE15126CN 2 YEARS AGO . I Was Playing GTA IV when The left Side of The Touchpad Got Hot. I Ignored it And Continued Playing. The Fan was running Rapidly Fast . Suddenly The System Turned off. I Thought it was overheated and just cleaned the Fan Vents By a Vaccum ( Just vents) . After the laptop cooled , I Switched it on And After a few seconds , It Shuts down With a ' Tuck' Sound from the bottom right. . Think it is a sound from Hard Disk. Sometimes it shuts down after it Loads Windows . I Gave for The Repair Shop ( Authorized ) . They Are Saying That The Fan Has Malfunctioned And Needs to Be Replaced for Rs.6000 !! I Cant The Hear the sound of fan rotating when i start the computer. Please Help! Rs.6000 is Very Costly. The laptop Just Shuts down After a few seconds with the tuck sound. Sometime The Recovery Window Appears In A Blue screen and Says Windows didnt load correctly then To Choose Restart Computer or Select Advanced Options. I Cant even Get Time To Configure in Bios or to type command in Command prompt. SOmetimes when The Windows Starts , The Computer Runs Damn Slow Like . The Bios is Useless Because It Doesnt Contain Any Hardware Things.

These Are My laptop SPecs:

4 GB RAM
Windows 8.1 Pro
1GB AMD Radeon HD 7650M
Intel Core i3-3110M Dual Core
[

Solution

Hello Deepesh Shenoy

I can't say you are cheated on the warranty part as many cooling fans or even the motherboards that are sold individually have less warranty period. Neither can I say anything about the Rs. 6000/- INR amount you paid for the cooling fan. However while surfing, I came across a link that I...
Hello Deepesh Shenoy

Since the Blue Screen of Death (Blue screen) appears that often, it is likely that your Windows has some corrupt system files (assuming that you have not made any hardware changes in your device lately).

To resolve this issue, you can try restoring your Windows to a previous restore point. You can learn how to do this from the given link: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/how-to-fix-windows-8-update-freezing,news-47409.html.

If this fails to resolve the problem, you can try refreshing your Windows 8 computer. The given link will guide through the entire process: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1857508/running-windows-system-refresh.html.

If even this method doesn’t work, you can Reset your Windows 8 operating system. To see how to do this, you can go to the following link: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1857531/restore-windows-factory-settings.html.

P.S. Before you move out in the market looking for any hardware replacements, it is always a good idea to check if your software is not faulty and that your operating system has no corrupt files.

If you wish to buy a new laptop fan, make sure you are getting it at correct price. Many CPU fans for laptops cost not more than $20 to $30 (Rs. 1000/- to Rs. 1500/- INR) depending upon the processor type. Therefore please make sure you look for the right price either online or by visiting multiple retail stores in your local market before making any payments for a fan.

Hope this was helpful. :)

Deepesh Shenoy

Honorable
Apr 20, 2015
Thanks For Your Response Viveknayyar007 . I Cant Enter the Advanced Options As The Laptop Just Dont Give Enough Time To Access it. It Shuts Down . Anyway My Laptop is Fixed now Giving Rs.6000 .They Just Fixed Without our confirmation . But Does It Cost Rs.6000 ? The Previous Fan Make Company Is Forcecon And The Model is DFS470805WLOT ( FORCECON DFS470805WLOT ) . And It Has Only 45-Day Warranty . Are They Cheating With Me ?

Hello Deepesh Shenoy

I can't say you are cheated on the warranty part as many cooling fans or even the motherboards that are sold individually have less warranty period. Neither can I say anything about the Rs. 6000/- INR amount you paid for the cooling fan. However while surfing, I came across a link that I think might give you a fair idea as how much the fan would/should cost in India.

Here is the link: http://www.magefirm.com/laptop-cooling-fan-for-forcecon-dfs470805wlot-p-11792

I would suggest you to go to a few more shops and check for the prices. This will ensure that you get the devices at the correct price in future without any doubts and hassles. :)

Solution

jagmohan chaudhary

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.