[SOLVED] My laptop shuts down only when playing csgo, temperatures are around 60C.

Mar 17, 2019
Hi guys, laptop shuts down randomly only when playing CSGO, temperatures are fine and low (60-65C). It doesn't shut down at all when I play Arma 3 or Escape from Tarkov where the temperatures hit 80-85C, only when playing CSGO and it happens 2-3 times during a match.

Specs
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 3.80GHz, 2701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s).
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB.

Hope someone can help me out.

Solution
Thanks for the reply but I found out it was due to my faulty charger. It started shutting down randomly when playing other games as well or pretty much doing anything that required the fans to turn on. I think the faulty charger didn't provide the laptop with enough power. I simply replaced it and it worked!

odii

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
I’m not in anyway qualified or knowledgeable to answer this , but I thought I’d give you some pointers.
Could be to do with a number of reasons.
Over heating , altought you did state you of reach temps of 85 whilst playing tarkov, that still is toasty, especially for a laptop. When my desktop gets to 80 I let it chill for 30 min just to be sure.
Your pc will emergency shut down if your Cpu gets too hot , so just be careful if your playing for 3+ hours at 80 degrees.
It could be another program you have installed interfering with the processes whilst running.
Due to the factor of it only being csgo I would suggest verifying the game files.

Incase you don’t know how to ,
You open up your steam browser ,
Go to csgo, right click , and click properties. Go to local files and click verify integrity of game files. If that doesn’t work , a clean re install of csgo never hurts. And if you do uninstall and reinstall , verify the game files again. Never hurts. I could suggest a lot more if you were on a PC but as you are running on a laptop it isn’t really in my range of knowledge. Hope some of these random points help

Mar 24, 2019
I tried verifying game files and installed it again but still it shuts down when playing it.

Thanks for the reply tho
it might be of your psu obviously u cant change out the psu on a laptop im pretty sure. if ur psu is bad your laptop wont work. idk if laptops have a psu but you need to fix your fans in your laptop or make sure theres hot air blowing out and not keeping it in

Mar 17, 2019
Thanks for the reply but I found out it was due to my faulty charger. It started shutting down randomly when playing other games as well or pretty much doing anything that required the fans to turn on. I think the faulty charger didn't provide the laptop with enough power. I simply replaced it and it worked!

Solution