Question My laptop sometimes thinks ethernet cable is connected but my laptop doesn't have an ethernet port

Ralston18

Titan
Has this problem been happening all along or did it just start?

Any know software or hardware changes?

Does the following link match your laptop?

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-S15-S510UN/specifications/

Are you running Windows 10? Version?

What pop-up window or notice do you receive when the laptop "thinks" that there is a ethernet cable attached? Any error codes or warnings?

What happens as a result of the notice? What, if anything, do you have to do?

Can you think of a pattern with respect to "sometimes"?

Look in Reliability History/Manager. You may find some error code, warning, or even an informational event that corresponds to the notices....

Jun 11, 2019
Has this problem been happening all along or did it just start?

Any know software or hardware changes?

Does the following link match your laptop?

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-S15-S510UN/specifications/

Are you running Windows 10? Version?

What pop-up window or notice do you receive when the laptop "thinks" that there is a ethernet cable attached? Any error codes or warnings?

What happens as a result of the notice? What, if anything, do you have to do?

Can you think of a pattern with respect to "sometimes"?

Look in Reliability History/Manager. You may find some error code, warning, or even an informational event that corresponds to the notices....
The problem is there for a while now, I do use windows 10. The link isn't right though. I also can't find a patern in changing the status of the indicator icon. If this happens the wifi adapter is not changed in the Network center, I fit it to disable and enable the Wifi module.

Ralston18

Titan
Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters - the network troubleshooter may find and fix something.

Then try "sfc /scannow" without quotes via the command prompt - may be some corrupted file that needs to be fixed.

Last, run and post the results of "ipconfig /all". The results may reveal some problem.

Jun 11, 2019
Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters - the network troubleshooter may find and fix something.

Then try "sfc /scannow" without quotes via the command prompt - may be some corrupted file that needs to be fixed.

Last, run and post the results of "ipconfig /all". The results may reveal some problem.
Tried it and apparently it fixed some corrupt files for me, now lets wait if the problem shows up again! ^^
Thanks either way! :)