My laptop sucks so..I'm trying to improve it I guess

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC Gaming RAM (1.2V - CMK16GX4M2A2666C16) works with intel pentium cpu 2117U?

Solution
Not sure what you can do. That site says 12GB RAM max (4GB installed) which tells me you could add more RAM, but then it goes on to say it only has one RAM slot and it has one available (which cannot be if it has 4GB installed).

You'll have to open the laptop to see if you have an available slot. If so, you should be able to install one 8GB DDR3L RAM module.

-Wolf sends

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

Aspire v5-472p and Intel Pentium CPU 2117U @1.80GHz (CPUs), ~1.8GHz with Windows 10 and from Acer

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

I researched again and I found out this:
Kingston HyperX Impact Black 8GB DDR4 2133MHz Laptop Gaming RAM - Low Voltage (1.2V - HX421S13IB/8)
Would it works now?

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

But I can add 8gb ram more right? It says in the site you gave me my laptop has an empty slot. Extra question: would it be bottleneck if I add 8gb ram? It does says my Max Supported Size is 12 gb ram..

Wolfshadw

Titan
Not sure what you can do. That site says 12GB RAM max (4GB installed) which tells me you could add more RAM, but then it goes on to say it only has one RAM slot and it has one available (which cannot be if it has 4GB installed).

You'll have to open the laptop to see if you have an available slot. If so, you should be able to install one 8GB DDR3L RAM module.

-Wolf sends

Solution

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

Thanks man :) Kudos to you

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

I found Kingston 8GB DDR3L 1600Mhz Low Voltage SO-DIMM Notebook Ram (KVR16LS11/8GB)
With approx 10gb ram that I assumed I will get by buying that so-dimm, would it works with my Intel HD Graphics GPU? I often uses Photoshop which is fine but I thought I would make it runs smoother so how?

Intel Pentium 2117U / 1.8 GHz + 10gb Ram? + Intel Haswell G3420 HD Graphics = ???

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

Hey I'd like to ask once more about ..I don't know what to compare but I think at least a decent game like gta 5 or metal gear solid 5 might runs? I don't know a good example maybe watchdogs or something? If I get the 8gb Ram would I turn my laptop into something decent? A laptop that can runs decent games? I'm pretty sure the battery would runs super fast though

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

Gta 5 on low? Witcher 3 on low? Watch Dogs on low? Idc about the quality but would I get solid fps? Very unnoticeable improvement?

Wolfshadw

Titan
To be perfectly honest, I'd be surprised of those games ran at all. Your system specifications are well below the minimum system requirements. The games may play, but I wouldn't even consider dropping any money on those games with your system.

-Wolf sends

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

There goes my dreams damn :) Thank you anyway

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

Yo what does make a program or game of sorts laggy? Weak gpu or Cpu? Can you explain what affects more in performance? What really is the use of cpu?

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

So..RAM is like a house with GPU and CPU being maids? Program usage is like population in the house? How much space in the house to full right means RAM is full too? The maids will sweep the floor as fast as they can while upgrading to healthier maids mean faster house cleaning right? Idk what the hell am I imagining but at least that was I thinking. FPS will be determined by how was fast the GPU and GPU and RAM simply kept programs cache or temporary running process right? I know I had an awful GPU but I think upgrading the RAM would slightly increase performance. Am I wrong please confirm my theory if I didn't annoy you so much for my stupidity

Wolfshadw

Titan
It depends on the game. If the game only uses 2GB of RAM while you're playing and you have 4GB of RAM installed, then adding more RAM isn't going to do anything for you. Check what your RAM usage is while you're gaming. If it's at 90% or higher, then you MIGHT see some (very small) improvements by adding more RAM.

If you're gaming hard and your RAM usage isn't maxing out, then adding more isn't going to help you at all.

-Wolf sends

LoneWolf00

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

Dude most games I played maxed out my RAM cap that's why they lag so I guess it's a good deal to buy it anyway :eek: I know what you meant by adding more RAM while I planned to play games that I was already able to play. Well, this would be my first try try for my first experiment on building pc then