My Laptop takes very long time to start(black screen sleep/power on)

iiTzPkTime

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2014
hi , my laptop toshiba satellite p875-s7310 started to take very long time to start or wake up from sleep , it just shows a black screen (no toshiba logo, no windows logo nothing just black screen).
when i press the power button the processor works fine, the harddisk seems like restarting(the fan keep making little noise just like when u open the laptop for first time and keep repeating it).
it takes minimum of 20 mins to start and sometimes over 1 hour, so what is causing the problem and how i can fix it? thanks

slamsaad

Honorable
Jul 11, 2014
how do u flash bios bcoz i hav the same problem but i get a emachines logo but after that it takes an hour before my logon screen comes. i did try to reboot my entire system but nothing. i hav win 8 btw

slamsaad

Honorable
Jul 11, 2014
im a using an emachines(acer) desktop and im having pretty much the same problem

This is an old thread. You should open a new thread. You can PM me with the thread.

Usually if your system is taking a really long time (assuming no hardware issues) to start up Windows there is a problem with the BIOS or the actual startup of Windows.

For the BIOS, clearing the CMOS can help. Just make sure you write down the important stuff like drive priority list so the computer will know where to find the operating system. plus things like fan settings that are pertinent to your particular system. If that doesn't cure the problem, you can try flashing the BIOS to the most current one for your motherboard.

If it is Windows that is slowing things down, ,you probably have too many programs in your startup list. You can run MSCONFIG and under the startup menu, you can remove (uncheck enable) to the programs that you don't use often. Note this isn't removing the program, it will just take a bit longer to load when you use it.