Question My laptop turns off after a few minutes ?

Elie_4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2016
I have an old laptop which is not my main Laptop, I got a newer pc so I moved a hard disk from it to use it for something else I had an older hard disk, so I decided to use it instead on that pc after that my pc turn on and I log in to windows but after that, the laptop turns off, it started happing a lot recently. I blamed the HDD drive because it is old and transfer speed is slow, so I got a new SSD instead because I thought it will solve my problem but it did not and laptop turns off after few minutes.

I noticed after trying to turn it on again that the laptop is too hot, can you tell me what's happing and is it fixable? in my opinion, I feel it is cooling problem because a laptop should not be that hot after less than10 min of barely doing anything just a simple update to an application.

I have an old laptop which is not my main Laptop, I got a newer pc so I moved a hard disk from it to use it for something else I had an older hard disk, so I decided to use it instead on that pc after that my pc turn on and I log in to windows but after that, the laptop turns off, it started happing a lot recently I blamed the HDD drive because it is old and transfer speed is slow, so I got a new SSD instead because I thought it will solve my problem but it did not and laptop turns off after few minutes, I noticed after trying to turn it on again that the laptop is too hot, can you tell me what's happing and is it fixable? in my opinion, I feel it is cooling problem because a laptop should not be that hot after less than10 min of barely doing anything just a simple update to an application.
Have you been maintaining the thermal paste and making sure to clean the case out every now and then thermal paste doesn't last forever