My laptop turns off when I play League of Legends. Any recommendations?

Richard Perez

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
Specs:
Intel Core i7 2670qm
Nvidia Geforce GT 525m
8 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB HDD

My laptop keeps turning off when I'm playing league of legends. I think it's an over-heating issue because it gets very hot since it's running a discrete GPU. I've decided I just need another laptop. Does anyone know a good laptop that would NEVER over-heat and turn off while playing league of legends (not some intensive game).

Solution
It could be possible that your laptop needs cleaning. Or you can buy one of those cooling stands with the large fan. People say that it works and can be quite silent.

Richard Perez

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014

But would you recommend that for ANY gaming laptop then? If the answer is yes, I'm sticking with this laptop.

CBender

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
What i am saying is that with 20-30$ you could solve your problem, at least for now. If i were to buy a gaming laptop, i would have to spend over 1000$ to game as I need. As for a laptop recommendation, sorry but i can't be of any real help there.

Redshift333

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Clean your fans and heatsinks and replace the thermal compound on your GPU and CPU. Almost guaranteed that it is overheating but you shouldn't need to replace anything other than the compound. I have done this on many different computers with this problem and it has always worked.