My laptop updated and now it's stuck on a screen that says choose your keyboard layout, I'm frustrated I can't get

May 24, 2018
My laptop updated and now it's stuck on a screen that says choose your keyboard layout, I'm frustrated I can't get anywhere please help me.

Solution
Is a bug on Windows, where drivers for USB Ports are not loaded during setup.
I contacted Microsoft for this an another bug and they don't have a fix for it yet.

It is always a good measure to backup your files before updating, since you never know what can happen.

I tried powering OFF then powering back ON in one system and it loaded the USB drivers, but it did not work on other PCs.
In another I created a Windows 10 USB installation media and boot it from it to repair the MBR.
I went into the Recovery >Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.
Type: chkdsk c: /f hit Enter
Type: bootrec /fixmbr hit Enter
Type: bootrec /fixboot hit Enter
Type: bootrec /rebuildbcd hit Enter
Type: bcdboot c:\windows...
Is a bug on Windows, where drivers for USB Ports are not loaded during setup.
I contacted Microsoft for this an another bug and they don't have a fix for it yet.

It is always a good measure to backup your files before updating, since you never know what can happen.

I tried powering OFF then powering back ON in one system and it loaded the USB drivers, but it did not work on other PCs.
In another I created a Windows 10 USB installation media and boot it from it to repair the MBR.
I went into the Recovery >Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.
Type: chkdsk c: /f hit Enter
Type: bootrec /fixmbr hit Enter
Type: bootrec /fixboot hit Enter
Type: bootrec /rebuildbcd hit Enter
Type: bcdboot c:\windows /s c: hit Enter (this could be tricky...in one system C: was F: and another it was E:)

Reboot your laptop and see if it works.

A clean installation will load the USB drivers, so it is the updating process that's buggy.

Solution