my laptop uso be very fast before 3 years when i brought it, bt nw it is very slow as a snail , its horrible to handle please

Status
Not open for further replies.

charanreddy20

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
hello there,
my laptops config is win 7 home basic, 320gb rom, 3gb ram, 512 mb ATI radon, i3 1st gen and finally sonyvaio make E series.
so i brought it before 3 years it used to be good and i used to ply a lot of games like COD, far cry and all , bt jus before a year it get slow down a lot i can open a folder in a time of 1 minute really, and the i jus used it like that only but after some days the OS got crashed. then i left my laptop for a whole year and then i recovered my data through removing hard dist and i completely resetted my laptop to factory version , meanwhile i took my laptop to siny service center also because my fan sounds and gets heated up little so the service center guys cleaned my laptop from inside and the said it will be ok once you factory resett it. then after recovering my data i resetted it BUT NO USE . its still very slow as snail or even slow than that. but now had a new problem of display driver its getting crashed again and again and my laptop reboots itself again and again please guys help am startled.
and iam in very use of it and i cant afford a new one at this time :( :(

Solution
Hardware does not 'get slower'.

Clean out the dust.
Reinstall the OS.
Check the health of the drive.

I know that was maybe done before, but absent any real problems, a 3 year old laptop should still run quite well. Certainly not "open a folder in a time of 1 minute"

Possibly your hard drive is dying.

hackintosh777

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014

Not necessarily. Could install Linux (I recommend Mint 17.1 Cinnamon as its very similar to Windows 7). If that's still slow, the HDD or mobo could be shot. HDDs are cheap and easy to replace but mobos are very expensive and generally not worth it.

USAFRet

Titan
Hardware does not 'get slower'.

Clean out the dust.
Reinstall the OS.
Check the health of the drive.

I know that was maybe done before, but absent any real problems, a 3 year old laptop should still run quite well. Certainly not "open a folder in a time of 1 minute"

Possibly your hard drive is dying.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.