Question My laptop with an universal jack doesn't recognize my headset microphone.

Sep 18, 2018
I had bought a gaming headset around christmas time last year.
It has 2 jack plugs (green and red) but my laptop only has one jack slot so I bought one of those adapters to use the microphone as well. My laptop doesn't see the mic and when I try to plug only the microphone jack (red) it thinks it's the output one even when I plug it directly. I tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work, it just doesn't appear there. Could someone please help me with this?

Lutfij

Titan
Do you have a link to the adapter you purchased? Often times there are defective components so you could try and plug it into a phone.

Speaking of suggestions, what have you tried to rule out the port or the adapter is faulty? So we're not repeating what was tried. Make and model of your laptop? SKU will help two fold.

Sep 18, 2018
Do you have a link to the adapter you purchased? Often times there are defective components so you could try and plug it into a phone.

Speaking of suggestions, what have you tried to rule out the port or the adapter is faulty? So we're not repeating what was tried. Make and model of your laptop? SKU will help two fold.
My laptop is this it has a dual core i3 5th gen 2ghz a 1TB hard disk 8gb ram sodimm and a intel hd 5500 graphics card with shared ram. The adapter I have is this and I got it from a friend. I tried setting up the default microphone to different types (headset, stand, other) to see if it'd show up but it didn't, I will try to get a USB adapter and see if it works better but I can't rn, also I tried disabling and doing a lot of gymnastics with the settings, installed and uninstalled it's drivers and even tried it on another pc where it worked (the headset mic). I really don't know what is wrong with it but it might be the laptops poor quality since that had been a problem in the past (with the camera and display).