My Laptop won't boot my usb with windows on it even though i set it to do so

Aug 27, 2018
Hello, I have a MSI GT683DX with its original Windows 7.
The thing is, i wanted to upgrade to windows 10, but when i try to boot my usb, instead boots the installed Windows - no error, no nothing, goes right off to windows 7 welcome screen.
So i went into BIOS to try and change the boot priority and I did, but i got the same result. It's like it ignores any given commands. Although it recognizes that i have my usb plugged in.
I have also enabled Legacy USB if you ask.
For the record, i have already installed Windows with this same exact USB to another computer and i had no problems at all.
Any suggestions as to what to do in this situation ?

Solution
Always best to create a new install device. And It's advisable to boot in UEFI mode. You first insert the usb created by the MS media tool, with the windows install files, into the board. Then go to the board setup and ensure the board is configured to use UEFI settings, not compatibility or legacy mode.
On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive (Windows Boot Manager manager may also work) and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.
Reboot. Install should begin.
Always best to create a new install device. And It's advisable to boot in UEFI mode. You first insert the usb created by the MS media tool, with the windows install files, into the board. Then go to the board setup and ensure the board is configured to use UEFI settings, not compatibility or legacy mode.
On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive (Windows Boot Manager manager may also work) and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.
Reboot. Install should begin.

Solution