[SOLVED] My laptop won't display on my tv

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I have a laptop, probably 10 years old, I have been trying to connect it with my tv through HDMI, but the TV won't recognize the laptop, just a black screen. And I'm sure there is no issue with the cable or TV as my new laptop is working damn well, a soon as I plug it in it starts displaying the television. Can you guys help me with this? And also, I don't know if my laptop have HDMI "in" or out port and it's an HP360

Thanks

Solution
no, It isn't connected, my tv says unsupported signal

So that gives us something to work on, the TV is getting a signal it's just a format it does not know what to do with. Check the laptop support page for newer BIOS and video drivers. Does the laptop show a second screen? If it does try to lower the resolution on it. Check the TV options see if the HDMI ports have settings you can select from, some TVs actually have a computer option. Try another HDMI port, try another cable model/brand.
no, It isn't connected, my tv says unsupported signal

So that gives us something to work on, the TV is getting a signal it's just a format it does not know what to do with. Check the laptop support page for newer BIOS and video drivers. Does the laptop show a second screen? If it does try to lower the resolution on it. Check the TV options see if the HDMI ports have settings you can select from, some TVs actually have a computer option. Try another HDMI port, try another cable model/brand.

Solution