My laptop won't shut down

Milan k

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
The cursor keeps spinning with shutting down next to it. The mouse will not show up. I've hit the power button but it won't turn off. We tried control+Alt+delete it is unplugged but wnt to battery.

Joytoy

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014

Thank u so much for tip re shutting down. It worked rt away when I held the power button!

Arsalan Awan

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
open the task manager and in the process tab click on explorer.exe and then end task then go to file and select new task and enter explorer.exe by this your systeme will be refreshed then go to start button and in the search write system restore and enter after this select a date (try to select a date at which your laptop was fine) then leave it to complete the backup (it will take about 5 to 10 minutes) and after that it will restart and your laptop would be back to normal

Durgesh Pawar

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
I had same prob....i tried new windows installation on my dell inapiron 15r n5110 but prob.not solve i tried everything bias version upgrade downgrade also ....thn i decide to disassemble my laptop....i download disassemble video of my laptop....thn i clean dust n place cmos battery to slot...and after tht my laptop work fine.... :)