[SOLVED] My laptop wont turn on when my secondary HDD is connected via SATA

Nov 29, 2020
this "problem" begins today when my laptop suddenly shutdown itself and stop working for some reason...
i was unable to turn on again, so i decide to open it and disconnect the battery and do a hard reset
then i put the back again and try to start the laptop but it wont turn on anymore.
so i keep doing the same till I disconnect accidentally the secundary Hardrive from sata connector, And when i press the power button it ACTUALLY WORKS.
if I put the harddrive while the pc is on is matter of time (10-15 sec) to shutdown itself again and be unable to power on again....

why this happen? is my motherboard? or the hardrive?

Solution
Sounds like the HDD shorted out somewhere most likley, it could be the plug inside the laptop, but not likley, I'd inspect the laptop where the HDD connects to, make sure none of the pins or the connector its self is not broke or bent.

If not, chances are the HDD is dead, I've ran crossed this before with usually older HDD's that will stop the system from even starting.
Sounds like the HDD shorted out somewhere most likley, it could be the plug inside the laptop, but not likley, I'd inspect the laptop where the HDD connects to, make sure none of the pins or the connector its self is not broke or bent.

If not, chances are the HDD is dead, I've ran crossed this before with usually older HDD's that will stop the system from even starting.

Reactions: uchija447
Solution