My laptop's CPU temp 89c

KalleSh

Honorable
Mar 22, 2017
hi there, this my first post with you and i hope you help me with my problem :??:
i have a clevo w35-37et laptop with core i7-3630QM cpu (2.4ghz) and nvidia geforce gtx 660m and 16 gigs of ram
my problem started when i upgraded my system from 8.1 to 10 five months ago
well, in the beginning my cpu temp was about 75-79c when i was playing games like gta5 and AC unity.. but after i upgraded my system to 10 the temp reached 89c with the same games so i reinstalled 8.1 windows and the problem continued, and later no matter what was the system, the temp keept reaching 88-89c. and also when i even open normal programs like chrome or mozilla or VLC player the cpu fan starts blowing so fast and the temp reaches 70-75c.
in fact i changed the thermal paste 2 times with 2 different types and nothing changed i also saw some articles here about the power options and i did what some of you here recommended and also the problem continued
so any new ideas can you help me with beacause i think 89 degrees is too harmful for my lap and the noise of the fan made me almost crazy :??:

Solution
The version of Windows you're using should have no effect on the temps.

All you can do is clean the heatsink and fan of dust. That may lower noise, but may or may not lower temperatures - temperature is regulated by the motherboard's fan speed profile, and it's likely allowing your CPU to run at 89c. 89c is warm, but not dangerous for that CPU, which doesn't throttle until 105c or shut down until 130c.
The version of Windows you're using should have no effect on the temps.

All you can do is clean the heatsink and fan of dust. That may lower noise, but may or may not lower temperatures - temperature is regulated by the motherboard's fan speed profile, and it's likely allowing your CPU to run at 89c. 89c is warm, but not dangerous for that CPU, which doesn't throttle until 105c or shut down until 130c.

Solution