[SOLVED] My laptop's microphone is not working ?

akshayvinchu

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
I have accer E5 573G laptop. My laptop's mic is not working. When I connect wired earphone/headphone the mic does not work on this laptop.
I have done everything, like driver settings ,install uninstall drivers,windows setting, 3rd party softwares,even I change OS.I used linux still mic does not work.
I have to use wireless mic like WO mic using phones mic. So Can I conclude that it is Hardware issue on motherbord?

Solution
Thing is that no earphones or headphones mic work. Neither laptops built-in mic work. Problem is with laptop, earphones mic work for other pc. I have done everything related to software even installed linux but no luck.

If no wired mic nor the onboard laptop mic work, but a bluetooth mic does work, it points to a hardware issue on the sound card.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model information for the wired earphone/headphone?

Did the laptop mic work before and just suddenly stopped working? After the wired headphones were connected?

Do the "wired earphone/headphone" work on any other known working computers?

Do other wired earphone/headphones work on your laptop?

Determine if the problem follows the wired earphone/headset or stays with the laptop.

I cannot rule out a hardware problem. However, there are quite a number of places where the audio configuration settings can become problematic.

Right click the small speaker icon that is normally located in the lower right screen corner.

The click should reveal a 4 - 5 item menu with each menu item leading to any number of windows, tabs, and properties settings. One menu item is a troubleshooter - you could start there.

Explore the menus and all related settings. Do not immediately change anything - just work through all of the settings. Make note of any that do appear as expected or are completely incorrect or unknown.

No need to immediately start making changes. Just see what you can find. Take your time.

Post accordingly.

akshayvinchu

Prominent
Jan 31, 2020
Thing is that no earphones or headphones mic work. Neither laptops built-in mic work. Problem is with laptop, earphones mic work for other pc. I have done everything related to software even installed linux but no luck.