Question My laptops processor(i5 8300H) is not working stable and overheating too much

Aug 17, 2019
Hi everyone, I just joined yet and I need your vast knowledge and help. I wrote a bit long so forgive me. Thanks in advance for the making effort to read it :)

Features of the device:

Processor: Intel i5 8300H 2.3@Ghz, 4.0@Ghz

RAM: 2 x 4 GB, 2667 MHz

Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1050 Mobile (4 GB)

Storage: 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD

The laptop I'm using now is the HP Pavilion Gaming Cx0009nt. I'm using this laptop since 4 months and I noticed that there is a problem about heating during the time I use. When the processor reaches a certain temperature(like 90-95 celsius degree), the game closing after about five minutes for protect the hardware I guess. I found a solution by lowering the highest processor percentage from the power options. Even though I didn’t worry when the CPU and GPU reached to 75-80 degrees but on newer AAA games, temperatures reached to 90+.

I solved the heat problem of the graphics card by undervolting through the MSI Afterburner and now it doesn’t exceed 70-80 degrees at load. But this time I'm in trouble with the processor. I changed the highest processor percentage to %80-%60 from the power settings. But when I checked out the ingame values through Afterburner, I saw that processor works at 1800 Mhz.

Disappointed in this ways, I decided to undervolt the processor via Intel XTU and applied undervolt up to -130mV. But I think it’s about the instability of processor, the fan usage was always at %100 and CPU was working at always over 3.5 Ghz. Although I just did undervolt and nothing else.

I don't know if there is a problem with the thermal sensors but I took these photos a few seconds apart, and there is no way that heating so much in this time.

What should I do with this situation?

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS