Question My laptop's screen and USB ports aren’t working ?

Aug 23, 2023
My laptop is an Acer V5 531

So I partially opened my laptop, closed it and screwed it back together, turned it on and the screen stayed black, even though it powered on. I also discovered that the usb and hdmi ports aren’t working either.
After opening the laptop fully, I saw that there are two wires(?) that are supposed to be soldered onto these little pegs. One of them is not attached so I’m wondering if that’s what the issue is?
My question is how to fix this? I need my laptop back asap and would ideally like to fix this at home before having to resort to finding a place that won’t be able to fix it for another week.
I have included a picture of the specific area I am referring to, and it’s the side that I have an arrow pointing to that is not connected. This isn’t a picture of my actually laptop, I found it online, but it’s the same laptop.

Hopefully someone can help with this. Thanks.

Aug 15, 2023
So I partially opened my laptop, closed it and screwed it back together, turned it on and the screen stayed black, even though it powered on. I also discovered that the usb and hdmi ports aren’t working either.
After opening the laptop fully, I saw that there are two wires(?) that are supposed to be soldered onto these little pegs. One of them is not attached so I’m wondering if that’s what the issue is?
My question is how to fix this? I need my laptop back asap and would ideally like to fix this at home before having to resort to finding a place that won’t be able to fix it for another week.
I have included a picture of the specific area I am referring to, and it’s the side that I have an arrow pointing to that is not connected. This isn’t a picture of my actually laptop, I found it online, but it’s the same laptop.

Hopefully someone can help with this. Thanks.
Hi , in the pic is wifi card for the laptop , that should have connected white and black wire , but that is not the issue , here https://images.app.goo.gl/oWJsuUwSzdz5516y5, on top of the board you see a connector port with a lot of pins exactly on top , that is the display connector , when you try to connect the cable very important disconnect battery and power cable , because is always power circuit and you could make a short , try insert the cable again and check , verify cable pins to be ok , and also you have a connexion port for each component , keyboard , mouse etc , but first connect display and see if it work .

TRENDING THREADS