My laptops SSD doesnt boot windows.

Vladyy

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
My laptop:
Asus N551
1 SSD
1 HDD

Hey guys, two days ago my computer just restarted and automatically did go to Bios, and when I restarted the computer it just goes to Bios, I searched into that and I found that my SSD ( Windows Hard Drive ) sometimes disappear from Advanced Sata setting and never apeared on the boot order neither my HDD just the DVD drive.
So I removed the HDD and the DVD, and then my SSD appeared on the boot order, but when I do boot my laptop it goes to a black screen with a underscore ( _ ) blinking and then it says:
" Reboot and Select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key "

I already tried to install windows again, but it doesnt show any disk to install.
I alread putted it on the CMs mode.

What should I do guys? Please help me :(

Solution
Hey there, Vladyy.

I'd suggest that you try those drives with a different computer, by connecting them as socondary storage drive (one by one), to see if they are properly recognized and get any important data you may have, off of them. Once you've backed up your data, I'd recommend that you download a drive diagnostics utility and test both (the SSD and the HDD) with it, to find out if there are any errors or bad sectors. Other than that, I'd recommend that you try a different drive with your computer (if you have that option), to see if you'll be able to install Windows properly on it and boot. You could also try updating/resetting your BIOS/UEFI and try to boot to Windows with your old system drive.

Hope that helps. Please let me...
Hey there, Vladyy.

I'd suggest that you try those drives with a different computer, by connecting them as socondary storage drive (one by one), to see if they are properly recognized and get any important data you may have, off of them. Once you've backed up your data, I'd recommend that you download a drive diagnostics utility and test both (the SSD and the HDD) with it, to find out if there are any errors or bad sectors. Other than that, I'd recommend that you try a different drive with your computer (if you have that option), to see if you'll be able to install Windows properly on it and boot. You could also try updating/resetting your BIOS/UEFI and try to boot to Windows with your old system drive.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution