Question My Lenovo IdeaPad G560 turns on, but has black screen, what should I do ?

Jan 23, 2022
So, about 6-7 years ago, a Windows update was stopped on my Lenovo IdeaPad G560. At that time, if i turned it on, it gave me a black screen and a mouse. That was all.
About a week before, I was throwing away some old things, and I stumbled upon it, so I thought I will try to fix it. Currently, if I turn it on, about 3-5 seconds later it turns off. If i turn it on for the second time, it does start, but the fans are really loud (I think they are going on max), and I don't get any screen.

I cannot even boot into BIOS. I tried switching HDD, but nothing changed, so it's not the HDD's fault. Another thing: the small led lights work (like the one that lights up if i'm charging the battery), but the lights on the front panel edge (Caps lock) does not. I took out the two ram sticks too, hoping I get somekind of output from the main board (Yo, there's no RAM i give you some high and low pitch sounds), but nothing. I think it's something to do with the processor or/and the main board, what do you guys think?

I did asked this on other forums too, so I will answer some questions I got there:

You should boot from a windows setup disk.
I can't, because I don't get any screen from the laptop. I can't even boot into BIOS, because I don't see anything. I tried it on a external monitor and a TV too, and I still got a black screen.

2. CMOS battery is dead.
It can be dead, but I searched about this topic, so what happens if the CMOS battery is dead, and the other websites said you can still boot into BIOS and your notebook will work.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS