[SOLVED] My Liquid Cooler Block have Scratch. Do I worried?

Nov 25, 2019
Hello! I worried about my Liquid Cooler because the Block have scratch. I was gonna replace new thermal paste until I saw there's a scratch. Should I worried about this? Because it has 7 months since I bought the item. The Cooler was Deepcool Gammaxx L240 Liquid Cooler.

Here's the picture.

IeAR6qo.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
I see. Then what it cause of scratch? High temps or drilled much on screw? If the scratch have many or deep scratch, should replace a new block?
Don't know what may have caused bit copper is very soft and it doesn't take much to scratch it. Generally, if you can't feel it with finger nail, it's nothing to be concerned about. It's just a very small percentage of surface and paste should fill it up.
I see. Then what it cause of scratch? High temps or drilled much on screw? If the scratch have many or deep scratch, should replace a new block?
Don't know what may have caused bit copper is very soft and it doesn't take much to scratch it. Generally, if you can't feel it with finger nail, it's nothing to be concerned about. It's just a very small percentage of surface and paste should fill it up.

Reactions: Roy Martinez RM
Solution
Hello! I worried about my Liquid Cooler because the Block have scratch. I was gonna replace new thermal paste until I saw there's a scratch. Should I worried about this? Because it has 7 months since I bought the item. The Cooler was Deepcool Gammaxx L240 Liquid Cooler.

Here's the picture.

IeAR6qo.jpg
I agree with CountMike it's really too small to make a difference... but if you're in that enthusiast class that borders on OCD you could polish the surface to remove it.

Take a sheet of 2000 grit emery paper and tape it to a sheet of glass. Then lay the copper heat plate flat on that paper and just rub it in a figure '8' pattern for a few minutes. It should polish away fairly quickly.

It probably happened by scraping across a piece of metal while being installed or removed; possibly the stand offs it mounts to. And really, that's way too much effort for the benefit it will provide. But there are those who find it necessary.

Reactions: Roy Martinez RM
Nov 25, 2019
I agree with CountMike it's really too small to make a difference... but if you're in that enthusiast class that borders on OCD you could polish the surface to remove it.

Take a sheet of 2000 grit emery paper and tape it to a sheet of glass. Then lay the copper heat plate flat on that paper and just rub it in a figure '8' pattern for a few minutes. It should polish away fairly quickly.

It probably happened by scraping across a piece of metal while being installed or removed; possibly the stand offs it mounts to. And really, that's way too much effort for the benefit it will provide. But there are those who find it necessary.
Too soon for being enthusiast but I will note that. Thanks for your advice. I should not be worried by now.