Question My M.2 keeps crashing my new PC, what could be the cause?

Sep 15, 2019
So I recently bought a new PC that I assembled myself.

Spec's:

-i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core

-Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

-Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

-Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

-EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card

-Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX TG ATX Mid Tower Case

-SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

But my PC keeps on crashing. I've seen everything from blue screens with error code 0x0000001 to just random freezes (+shut down). Personally I think the problem lies with my M.2 SSD drive.

I tried updating drivers, clean installing windows, I looked through the UEFI BIOS settings but nothing seems to solve these random crashes...

I hope some of you people might have an idea of what could be the cause...
EDIT: Just got another blue screen with the "ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY"
EDIT: Just got another blue screen with the "MEMORY MANAGMENT"

Last edited:
Well a bad SSD is a possibility but bad RAM or some other part could be also. To manually rule out a single bad stick of memory you could simply run off one stick at a time. If you wish to 'manually' rule out the SSD in a similar fashion you could remove it and boot from a bootable Ubuntu installer on a flash drive. This could be one of many Linux distros but since this is for troubleshooting let's just go with a *buntu (Kubuntu if you want a more Windows like interface or stock Ubuntu). Either of those installers lets you test the desktop without installing software to an internal drive (click 'Try Ubuntu" as opposed to "Install" when the option is presented).

The .iso is a free download from Ubuntu.com or Kubuntu.org and a program like Rufus can prepare the flash drive. You may have to change the secure boot setting in the BIOS before it will boot.

Sep 15, 2019
Well a bad SSD is a possibility but bad RAM or some other part could be also. To manually rule out a single bad stick of memory you could simply run off one stick at a time. If you wish to 'manually' rule out the SSD in a similar fashion you could remove it and boot from a bootable Ubuntu installer on a flash drive. This could be one of many Linux distros but since this is for troubleshooting let's just go with a *buntu (Kubuntu if you want a more Windows like interface or stock Ubuntu). Either of those installers lets you test the desktop without installing software to an internal drive (click 'Try Ubuntu" as opposed to "Install" when the option is presented).

The .iso is a free download from Ubuntu.com or Kubuntu.org and a program like Rufus can prepare the flash drive. You may have to change the secure boot setting in the BIOS before it will boot.
I'm pretty sure that The M.2 ssd is the problem or am I wrong? (btw I just now got a blue screen with the "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" error)