[SOLVED] My m.2 ssd doesn't show up in disk management, but is still detected in bios ?

Nov 6, 2022
Upgraded my whole PC, and bought a new Kingston m.2 1 Tb ssd. Everything else is working fine, disk shows up in BIOS, but not in disk management, so i can't use it. Wondering if there is something wrong with the drive itself, or motherboard perhaps? I did try both of the M.2 slots on the board, but without any difference.

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Gaming x v2
CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
New SSD: Kingston Fury Renegade PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 1 TB
HDD: 1TB

Solution
I found a fix. Booted with Linux Mint Mate. Opened Gparted and was able to format the drive and create a partition. Then booted up in windows and drive was ready to use.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Upgraded my whole PC, and bought a new Kingston m.2 1 Tb ssd.
What did you upgrade from?

BIOS version for your motherboard? If you migrated the OS drive, without reinstalling your OS, that's the root of your problem.

Nov 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Upgraded my whole PC, and bought a new Kingston m.2 1 Tb ssd.
What did you upgrade from?

BIOS version for your motherboard? If you migrated the OS drive, without reinstalling your OS, that's the root of your problem.
Thank you!
Upgraded from: Asus Z97, i5- 4460
I installed the newest BIOS, F15, from Gigabyte's website.
Just tried reinstalling windows, didn't seem to work.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU, it's age(if you're recycling the unit and the discrete GPU.

Walk us through how you did so? Where did you source the installer for your OS?

Nov 6, 2022
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU, it's age(if you're recycling the unit and the discrete GPU.

Walk us through how you did so? Where did you source the installer for your OS?
Ok, so I have now since done a fresh install of Win11. I formatted my Samsung SSD, which was my OS drive. My PSU is a Corsair VS 650 and it is recycled from the old machine. My new GPU is a Radeon RX 6600. After the fresh install I still can't see the drive in disk management.

Nov 6, 2022
I found a fix. Booted with Linux Mint Mate. Opened Gparted and was able to format the drive and create a partition. Then booted up in windows and drive was ready to use.

Solution