Question My M.2 SSD doesn't want to boot windows OS

Jan 19, 2021
SSD: [Samsung 980 Pro series SSD 1TB M.2 (MZ-V8P1T0)]
Motherboard: [Rog strix b360-f gaming]

I've tried everything under the sun:
  • Enabling CSM
  • Redownloading windows OS on the SSD multiple times (removed bootmgr at some point)
  • Reformatting the SSD multiple times
  • Moving to the secondary port
I have the Windows Setup on a USB and am using that to install the OS to the SSD.

What it seems to do is that when CSM is disabled it doesn't see the SSD in bios. But when I enable CSM with uefi options bios does see it, however can't boot it for whatever reason, just gives me an error. The SSD works fine outside of bios, I can access and edit files inside it, but for some reason it doesn't recognise that the windows OS is on it, so it doesn't seem to be damaged.

Jan 19, 2021
did you install windows from this build or is the installation from another pc?
It's a new windows installation from https://www.microsoft.com/sv-se/software-download/windows10
Thats whats on the USB and everytime I boot up the computer through the USB it goes through this tool to install windows OS into the SSD

(before anyone asks, yes i do remove all other disks before I install windows OS. Its only the SSD and the USB)

That Windows 10 installation made by Microsoft media Tool should work in both CSM and UEFI modes. By the way had same problem with completely new B550 board - NVMe drives in M.2 slots wasn't visible at all. After BIOS update to latest they suddenly appeared in both CSM and UEFI modes.