My main system is about a year old, am I being paranoid about my PSU?

schenkmc

Commendable
Aug 26, 2017
So my current main PC was built about a year ago, it has had no major issues really but things have had a little bit of heat increases randomly and a little more noise. I monitor heat and the task manager pretty vigilantly and when idle or even streaming video like to keep cpu temps around 28-35ish. Which is pretty good I know but the last couple of months I will get spikes into high 40s to 50 on core for seemingly no reason at all. Now I do notice under load my GPU hums a bit which I have read could be caused by ground loops or insufficient power from the PSU so the GPU has to pick up the slack and what not.

The PSU has started to get a little loud I think, nothing crazy but louder than before but I am also a nut about these things. The reason I worry is it was not a super good PSU but not a terrible one from what I had found, however I do see reviews of it failing about around one year.

Now the specs:
PSU in question: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153231&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Power+Supplies-_-N82E16817153231&gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqzWBRC_ARIsABSMVTOxQleJYHF1IsMRBWZcfGbYVX5Ve9lC25i5byLD_C0hgotlpPI075EaAkdpEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

CPU: 6700k stock as of now
GPU: 1080 FTW
RAM: 16gb DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Cryorig H7 CPU cooler - I should note it has been 8-9 months since applying thermal paste which may fix my cpu being warmer than usual, so I am aware I need to do that.

One other thing is I have green HDDs, those ones that spin down when not being used. But the last one added seems to do it quite often, I have it set where I want it in windows but it doesn't care. I am starting to wonder if I am possibly even over exerting the 700 watts.

schenkmc

Commendable
Aug 26, 2017
Yeah I have been all ready to switch out the PSU for a couple of months now but haven't as I wasn't sure where my problems were actually coming from. And also some Windows updates over the last few months have screwed my readings on things a bit. Looked into an EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 just the other week actually.

schenkmc

Commendable
Aug 26, 2017

Yeah I had used a calculator awhile back and saw that as well but wasn't sure how accurate it may be.