My meager system

javsto

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
ok so I built this system about 18 months ago. It has an AMD Phenom 2 x4 840 black edition cpu and stock heatsink / fan, an MSI 880G-E45 motherboard, 8Gb of Corsair XMS pc-1333 DDR3 ram and a Logisys Red Front Panel Case w/ 480W PS with an 80mm case fan included, upgradeable to 90mm. With this in mind, can anyone recommend a better cpu cooler, whether its air cooled or water cooled method or kit for what I currently am running that doesn't include buying a whole new system? I was watching several video's on Youtube about the Corsair Hydro series water cooling kit but all had either 120 or 140mm size fans which wont work with my current case setup.

javsto

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for your quick reply. No Im not dead set only on a water cooling kit, just reading another post and it came up on the corsair hydro, which I was totally unaware that Corsair even made this other than memory. Just that I really don't have the funds to constantly make major upgrades to my system and having to buy another case to support the larger 120 or 140mm fans plus having an additional option for top mounted fans as well, just too much for me. So if its possible to find a water kit that is as small as 80/90mm is great but if not then a traditional air cooling kit is the way to go. That being said I was thinking of going to my local Microcenter and looking into whatever they have in stock, which according to the website, they currently have the Thermaltake frio extreme, Zalman CNPS9900, CNPS 8900 and a Xigmatek Gaia SDL 283 cpu cooling kits. Any thoughts on this?