Well to be quite honest it failed many years ago, but:-

I'd like to have a 'pop up' to remind me of things I should be doing on that
days or the next.

Is there a facility which makes this possible, and if there is, how does one
set it up?

Answers should be in a simple language and in basic english!:)-)

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:34:15 GMT, Alan Holmes wrote:

> Well to be quite honest it failed many years ago, but:-
>
> I'd like to have a 'pop up' to remind me of things I should be doing on that
> days or the next.
>
> Is there a facility which makes this possible, and if there is, how does one
> set it up?
>
> Answers should be in a simple language and in basic english!:)-)

There are lots of reminder/appointment type of programs available.
Sometimes the feature will be part of a larger program such as the calendar
in Outlook (NOT Outlook Express). You can choose how much in advance the
alarm should alert you. Downside: Outlook has to be running for the alarm
prompts to appear. If you're not email-centric or working on a machine with
limited resources, this could be a burden.

A nice little free program that I use is called "Rainlendar." It loads at
startup and is "lightweight." The program displays a calendar, a list of
events (includes alarm notices) and a To Do list.
http://www.ipi.fi/~rainy/index.php?pn=projects&project=rainlendar

A search on the internet for "calendar" or "reminder" programs should yield
more suggestions.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User