Question my mic on my gaming headset stopped working on my pc but it works on my ps4

Feb 28, 2021
my microphone that is on the headset (magic eagle havit headset) stopped working about a week ago, i thought it was the mic but when i plugged it into my ps4 it works perfectly, people have told me its something to do with the audio drivers or the audio jack but i have no idea what any are and how to do it, if someone could help that would be great

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your mic/headset? Is it USB driven or analog? If the latter, you might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard, then that you're on the latest OS version(20H2 for Windows 10) and then uninstall the audio drivers, source the latest off of your sound card manufacturer's support site. If it's the onboard audio on your motherboard, you can find drivers on the motherboard's support site.

You should then reinstall your audio drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Feb 28, 2021
its from the magic eagle havit gaming combo and its red and black, i use a usb to plug it in is there a youtube tutorial on how to uninstall those audio drivers you are talking about i dont know much about computers!