bulatla96

Honorable
Feb 3, 2018
Hi,

When I use my mic I sound like I have some voice changer over it. My voice is high pitched. I have Realtek drivers. Everything was working fine. But one day I had some problems with my GPU. The gpu I was using Radeon HD 7770 was not being detected. I made a post for that too. I deleted all the radeon drivers and I think that caused the problem with the sound. My sound disappear. But then I downloaded Realtek drivers and the sound came back, but the mic sounds weird. Yeah and some times Windows decides to <Mod Edit> with my sound, and I lose it. Then I have to System Restore them. Pretty strange. If you have any ideas pls tell me. Thx guys. And Happy Holidays :)

link for my gpu problem: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/radeon-hd-7770-suddenly-not-being-detected.3675950/

Processor: Intel i3-8100
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: Radeon HD 7770
Mobo: AsRock h310cm-dvs

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

When I use my mic I sound like I have some voice changer over it. My voice is high pitched. I have Realtek drivers. Everything was working fine. But one day I had some problems with my GPU. The gpu I was using Radeon HD 7770 was not being detected. I made a post for that too. I deleted all the radeon drivers and I think that caused the problem with the sound. My sound disappear. But then I downloaded Realtek drivers and the sound came back, but the mic sounds weird. Yeah and some times Windows decides to <Mod Edit> with my sound, and I lose it. Then I have to System Restore them. Pretty strange. If you have any ideas pls tell me. Thx guys. And Happy Holidays :)

link for my gpu problem: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/radeon-hd-7770-suddenly-not-being-detected.3675950/

Processor: Intel i3-8100
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: Radeon HD 7770
Mobo: AsRock h310cm-dvs
If you are using sound output thru HDMI on the GPU it has nothing to do with sound from MB itself or it's drivers. Those are different chips and circuits. What are you plugging in speakers/headphones and microphone ?
If Mic and/or speakers are plugged in MB, what probably happened is that installing new driver for new GPU is that sound was set to run from GPU. For checking on that go to Control panel > Sound and change in amd outputs to proper connectos as default.

Last edited by a moderator:

bulatla96

Honorable
Feb 3, 2018
If you are using sound output thru HDMI on the GPU it has nothing to do with sound from MB itself or it's drivers. Those are different chips and circuits. What are you plugging in speakers/headphones and microphone ?
If Mic and/or speakers are plugged in MB, what probably happened is that installing new driver for new GPU is that sound was set to run from GPU. For checking on that go to Control panel > Sound and change in amd outputs to proper connectos as default.
What are you plugging in speakers/headphones and microphone ? - I plugged in my speakers in 3.5mm in MB and then my headset with mic in the speakers.

I don't have amd outputs. It's only Realtek(R) Audio set to Default Device

What are you plugging in speakers/headphones and microphone ? - I plugged in my speakers in 3.5mm in MB and then my headset with mic in the speakers.

I don't have amd outputs. It's only Realtek(R) Audio set to Default Device
That also has more settings in CP>Sound Should also have Realtek sound console in CP or Audio console APP in W10 depending on kind of drivers installed.
I suggest you download and install newest audio drivers from Asrock site for your MB and/or https://www.realtek.cz/download-ALC892-sound-driver-for-Windows10-64bit.html
or just google ALC892 sound driver and will be able to find it elsewhere.

bulatla96

Honorable
Feb 3, 2018
That also has more settings in CP>Sound Should also have Realtek sound console in CP or Audio console APP in W10 depending on kind of drivers installed.
I suggest you download and install newest audio drivers from Asrock site for your MB and/or https://www.realtek.cz/download-ALC892-sound-driver-for-Windows10-64bit.html
or just google ALC892 sound driver and will be able to find it elsewhere.
Yeah, I forgot to say that. I did dl the drivers from the MB site. Realtek_Audio(v8648_UAD_WHQL_RTK)

When I try to open Realtek Audio Console it says Can not connect to RPC service

Last edited: