[SOLVED] My microphone is extremely quiet out of nowhere. (Double ended p2 connection hyperx cloud)

Feb 18, 2020
Yesterday everything was fine. Today I logged in to play and discord wasn't even capturing it. My microphone level is set to max and +20 dB. I can hear my voice but it is very quiet and I have to be basically screaming. I restored windows and nothing changed. I saw online that I needed to select "line in" on the realtek software, but when I plug in the pink cable it gets automatically set to "microphone". I can choose what I do to the green cable though.

If I could at least be able to set it to line in it would be great. Please help me.

Thanks for the help everyone. I am dumb and did not check for the obvious thing.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020
Is discord set to max mic volume? And you sure it’s not muted on the little box on the cable if it has one?
Oh FFS. I NEVER saw that button since I mute myself with a keyboard shortcut. I didn`t even consider it since I could hear myself a bit. Thank you so much and sorry for being so dumb.