[SOLVED] My microphone is only picking up output sound and its labeled as an input

Feb 7, 2019
My mic wont pick up my voice but it will pick up the game sounds, no matter what I try to do it doesn't change anything.

Solution
Hello tealsirens

I was wondering if you already tried the following:

> Right-click the Speaker icon from the Notification Area.

> Click Sounds.

> Go to the Recording tab.

> Select your microphone from the list.

> Click Properties.

> Go to the Listen tab.

> Uncheck the Listen to this device box.

> Click OK on both the opened boxes and try again.

I am not sure if you already tried the above solution, but if you did, please confirm what other troubleshooting suggestions have you followed and what were the results so we can offer you with a precise solution.

Cheers!!
Hello tealsirens

I was wondering if you already tried the following:

> Right-click the Speaker icon from the Notification Area.

> Click Sounds.

> Go to the Recording tab.

> Select your microphone from the list.

> Click Properties.

> Go to the Listen tab.

> Uncheck the Listen to this device box.

> Click OK on both the opened boxes and try again.

I am not sure if you already tried the above solution, but if you did, please confirm what other troubleshooting suggestions have you followed and what were the results so we can offer you with a precise solution.

Cheers!!

Solution
Feb 7, 2019

No that isn't what it is. It's hard for me to explain it because I've never had it before but like basically when I try to talk in like discord or something, instead of picking up my voice it gets the sound from the game I am playing. I've checked if it has the mic labeled as an output and its not. I have done what you just said to do also. I have literally no idea whats happening for all I know its the ports or its just the mic in general.

Latest posts